Spring 2022 Update: In accordance with the revised SOU guidelines, many COVID-19 restrictions will lift at the Student Recreation Center starting in the spring term.
Masks and face coverings will no longer be required in the Student Recreation Center or during outdoor activities. Members are still encouraged to wear face coverings if they would like, and the SRC will have a limited supply of masks at the front desk.
Students and employees will no longer need to show proof of on-campus clearance to activate their membership. Guests, renters, and community members will no longer need to provide proof of vaccination to enter the facility.
Social distancing is no longer required for members and staff. Additionally, space capacities have gone back to pre-COVID levels, and full-contact sports and activities are allowed.
Our goal at the SRC through this pandemic has always been to mitigate risk. We appreciate our members’ help in limiting the spread of COVID in our facility.
Continuing Safety Measures
While many restrictions have been lifted, we still encourage members to wear masks and social distance if that feels the most comfortable to you. Please continue to sanitize hands frequently and wipe down equipment after each use. We are also continuing many of our COVID safety protocols.
- Operations hours have been reduced so more staff can be on shift to increase our cleaning protocols, and so deeper cleaning is done after hours.
- We have increased the cleaning frequency for high touch points and high traffic areas.
- We have added extra cleaning and hand sanitizer stations.
- Touchless entry/access is in place – we have temporarily disabled the hand scanners, and ask for verbal identification at entry and exit.
- Doors have been propped open to increase airflow, and promote touchless entry.